Flu Season: Tips for Immune System Support
Flu season is here!
A seasonal cold and flu can wreak havoc on your body, nutrition and training.
It can also be unsafe to train while under the weather, so I advise you to dial it back and let your immune system recover if you’re not feeling well. Not to mention, this will help prevent the spread of any virus among other members.
Here are some tips to boost your immune system and support recovery from seasonal illness:
- Maintain clean eating during times of illness and strive to get more antioxidants through healthy fruits and vegetables.
- Be sure to up your foundation supplement dosages during times of illness as they will support your recovery. This includes your Vitamin D, Probiotic, Multi Vitamin and Zinc.
- A great tip to cut the duration of your virus is to take 1 tablespoon of glutamine and two caps of Poliquin Group’s Immugraphis every two hours at the onset of symptoms. Immugraphis contains amla fruit which has been used in Ancient Chinese medicine protocols. It’s also packed with Vitamin C and antioxidants. This only works if you catch the bug in the acute phase, which is the first couple days of feeling under the weather.
- Consider changing your probiotic to Poliquin Group’s S.B 1.0 as it has been shown to boost immunity and help rid unhealthy bacteria from the GI tract. This is a sure fire way to jumpstart your immune system and kick the sickness.
- Finally, remember to drink plenty of water and fluids on top of plenty of rest.