You probably hear a good number of people talking about using coconut oil in cooking.
What are the benefits? Healthy fat is usually the answer you will get.
Here is a list of ten reasons why to use coconut oil vs. other oils/fats:
- Prevents heart disease and high blood pressure
- Supports UTI and kidney infection & protects the liver
- Reduces inflammation and arthritis
- Immune System boost (antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral)
- Improves memory and brain function
- Improves energy and endurance
- Improves digestion, reduces Stomach ulcers & ulcerative Colitis
- Prevents gum disease and tooth decay
- Prevents osteoporosis
- Helps build muscle and lose body fat
You may (or may not) be surprised to learn that there are many other benefits to coconut oil and its properties than just food.
One being its effectiveness for the skin and hair. It is naturally antibacterial and antifungal, and also contains phytonutrients and polyphenols. This makes coconut oil an excellent moisturizer for the skin and hair. It can also penetrate hair better than other oils and smells like the beach! Along with general health for skin, coconut oil can also help reduce nose bleeds. Just take a Q-tip with coconut oil and rub it on the inside of your nose. This helps bring moisture back into a dry nose.