Collagen has become increasing popular due to its many benefits. Collagen is a protein that provides structure to hair, skin, joints, nails and ligaments. As we age the production slows in our bodies and requires supplementation to maintain optimal levels. It comes in powder form you can easily mix into water or a shake. You can also get it through bone broth.
The benefits of supplementing with collagen are numerous. Here is a brief list of the benefits of adding it into your diet:
- Additional protein which is hard for a lot of people to get in
- Improve longevity of your skin, joints, tendons and ligaments
- Improve skin elasticity – a double-blind study has showed that after 4 weeks of supplementing with collagen in women, they showed statistically significant higher skin elasticity.
- Slow the progression and pain of osteoarthritis
- Some people have seen skin issues resolve, joint issues go away, stronger and thicker hair and healthier and longer nails.
With so many benefits of taking collagen you should consider adding it into your diet. One of the powders that we recommend is Vital Proteins Collagen. Simply add it into your morning coffee or add it to water during the day!